Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help me please!!!!!  (Read 2870 times)

Zintos

Help me please!!!!!
« on: March 27, 2006, 06:14:50 PM »
This stupid thing opens up like every 10-15 mins it's real annoying it pops up for about 1 sec then disapears it can be a pain when watching movies becuase it closes my full screen! i managed to get a screenshot of it it only opens up on my dashboard...

Any idea what it is? Spyware, Trojan? I scanned my computer for both though Useing ZoneAlarm, Spybot, And Ad-Aware SE Pro also i did a scan on my c drive for Untitled and it came up with 2 results maybe one of these is the problem?

And here is a list of my procceses any of these spyware, virus, trojan, or something bad for my comp?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Help me please!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 07:32:20 AM »
Well, I don't think anyone's going to review your process list for you.  A good source of info on processes running in your computer is http://www.answersthatwork.com/.  From the home page, click on Task List, then search for a process by name.  

Your second screen print shows a folder named PCHealth in the Windows folder.  I see that the file type for that item is GIF, an image file.  Why don't you open/view it to see whether it's the small icon appearing on your taskbar?

I suggest you also run CCleaner.  The download page for it is at http://www.ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp.  The Standard Build has the Yahoo toolbar bundled with it.  If you don't want that, download the Basic version.  It's the same except for the toolbar.

homer

Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 10:00:20 PM »
    dude u really gotta stop having so many tasks running. what happens is u have so many running u forget what each of them does. such as this instance. if u knew what tasks do what u would have immediately known which task is causing the problem. ne way thats my rant. i had some spare time on my hands so i went through ur tasks list and here are some of the suspicios ones...

nmsrvc.exe  \ these 2 are from network magic might wanna be cautious
    nmapp.exe   /
    pnroutsv.exe
    wmiprvse.exe
    svchost.exe ---> u had 6 instances of this running (this is also one of microsofts
     security leaks, u can go to their website and download tools to see if your svchost.exe is actually microsoft's svchost.exe or a virus)
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:03:28 PM by homer »

Backdated

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:04:37 AM »
    That's a fairly lean and clean TaskList. However, that means little.
    SVCHost is not a security leak, it's a holder for grouped services and it's an essential process. Multiple instances runnning is quite normal.
    Network Magic is a home network manager. Although it may be to those of us who have some knowledge of networking deemed unnecessary, it's safe.
    The pnroutsv.exe task belongs to Pure Networks router manager and is safe.
    The wmiprvse.exe task is the WMI provider and is necessary.

Zintos, you may want to look at [highlight]this thread[/highlight].

If you're worried about infection, carry out the procedures listed [highlight]in this post[/highlight] and post a Hijackthis logfile here when done.
    If possible, zip the logfile and attach it rather than post it.
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 03:11:08 AM by Backdated »

Franky

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:33:07 AM »
    Hey,

I've experience this before. The main reason for this is because you have applications running in the background that updates themselves or access the internet without you having to do anything. If you don't want these application to do these actions, i would suggest to open the application, go into its properties and configure it so it doesn't update or access internet without you doing it yourself.

An example of programs that update itself are anti-virus software, music software, quick time, etc.

As discussed earlier, I would search to see what each running application on your list is and then stop the applications that are useless or not needed for running.

Hope it helps!