Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Network Connection Problem  (Read 2403 times)

thewizardofoz87

Wireless Network Connection Problem
« on: April 02, 2006, 01:54:19 PM »
I'm currently having a problem with my wireless internet connection. My laptop is picking up the signal perfectly well, however when I click onto any programs which require internet access it behaves as if I'm not connected to the internet, coming up with blank pages and alert boxes saying, 'Internet Explorer could not open the search page'. Yet my laptop assures me the signal is either very good to excellent.

I'm not very good with computers I'm afraid. Can anyone offer any help please?

Thankyou very much!  :-?

GX1_Man

Re: Wireless Network Connection Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 04:04:25 PM »
What happened prior to this? Did it used to work?

First make sure you are free of any malware.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1134123580

Then check the traffic in the area on that same channel. What kind of equipment? What operating system?

thewizardofoz87

Re: Wireless Network Connection Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »
I used the wireless connection all through last summer and at Christmas, it worked fine. I've been using a cable connection since then and now I've tried using the wireless again and it just doesn't seem to work.

I ran Adaware & Spybot but it found nothing at all apart from cookies, which I've now deleted.

It's an Acer TravelMate 2700 with Windows XP.

It's completely stumped me, but it's probably something stupid. I just don't know much about computers.  :-?