Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creating e-mails for business use  (Read 4062 times)

Grace

Creating e-mails for business use
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:46:15 PM »
Greetings,

I created an email to send out for our business.  Can't figure out how to get it to my email as won't copy or paste or?.  I don't know how to change the format either.  I have tried to create an outlook email account - thought I could send it that way but no luck.   I just wanted to copy it to my yahoo e-mail and I sent it out.   :-/  I used Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 to create it.  It looks like this - C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\CRS\CRSEmail32006.pub.  I bet I need to change the pub to something else?

Thanks for your help as is appreicated............. ;)  

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Creating e-mails for business use
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:56:46 PM »
If you want to create an email, use your email editor, not a piece of document design software.  I'm afraid in this case you'll pretty much have to start from scratch with Yahoo's email composer.

Email is not designed for complex document layouts.  Yes, you can send email in HTML (web) format, but not all email readers will see this, particularly if they are set to text-only.  More and more people are going for text-only, or image-free email, because of the major spam problems associated to HTML email.

You can send your file as an attachment, of course, but in that case it would be best to save it as a PDF, so that more people can read it.  You can use PrimoPDF to convert to PDF format.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 09:58:24 PM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Grace

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:28:48 PM »
Thanks very much for the help and clarification.  Saves me a huge amount of time.  So now on Yahoo I can make up a nice email too?

Kind Regards,

Grace

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:47:43 PM »
Yes you can, within certain limits.  You can't do what you can do in Publisher.  Email isn't designed for that sort of precise layout.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos