Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I NEED HELP W/ "ICS" (Internet Connection Sharing)  (Read 2174 times)

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    I NEED HELP W/ "ICS" (Internet Connection Sharing)
    « on: April 04, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »
    Hi.. I need some help with the Internet Connection Sharing.. Im so confused.. I tried to enable it and it gives me some errors.. Here are the errors. "When Internet Connectiom Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to IP adress 192.168.0.1. Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on your network. If these other computers have static IP adresses, you should set them to obtain their IP adresses automatic. Are you sure you want to enable Internet Connection Sharing?" I pushed YES and after a while it displays this error. " An error occured while the Internetj Connection Sharing was being enabled. Internet Connection Sharing could not be enabled A LAN connection is a already configured with the IP adress that is required to automatic IP adressing." Before all that i set up all of my LAN adapter to obtain a automatic IP adressening the both of my computers and it still doesnt work... PLEASE IM STUCK.. Ok here is the situiation... I'm connected wirelessly to my neighbor he has a D-Link router and i have a D-Liunk Air Plus Card. and i have to desktops and i use the cross over cable to connect them and now i want to go a step farther and share my internet connection too.. I already tried briged connecting them it still didnt work the problem is I have Zone Alard Scurity Suite, on both of my computers, is that what might be cauisng it..
    P.S. when i bridge the connections together wireless and the Local Area Connection together then My second desktop can go on the internet and i cant when i disable the bridged connections then i can go on the internet and the other computer cant.. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP.... THANKS.......
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:47:21 AM by Maksim »

pcdoc4christ

Re: I NEED HELP W/ "ICS" (Internet Connection Shar
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
    Maksim:

First, try disabling (or "turning off") the Zone Alarm Security Suite.  Then, run the Windows network setup wizard.  For example, in Windows XP:

1. On the computer that is connected to the Internet, right-click My Network Places and click Properties.

2. In the Network Connections window under Network Tasks, click Create a New Connection.

3. Follow the instructions in the New Connection Wizard to establish a direct cable connection between the two computers and to share the Internet connection.  

Let us know if you need more help.

Doc

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:58:53 PM »
      I dont want to create network my neighbor already has one... and i gave it a try and t gives me the same error.. so PLZ SOMEONE H---E---L---P

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
        « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:26:31 PM »
        Hold on a sec -- does your neighbor know about this?
        "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Maksim

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:09:06 PM »
          Yeah my neighbor told me if you want to connect to me with wireless card then go head that is what i did.. the ICS worked before and nopw it doesnt...