Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express, Folder Could Not be Displayed  (Read 5656 times)

tdk99

Re: Outlook Express, Folder Could Not be Displayed
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »
Soybean,

Yes, it is a POP3 server.  However, in the advanced tab, I have the box checked to save these messages on the server.  I think I checked this box after about the third time of losing all of my messages off of Outlook Express.  I think Comcast told me that I could go back and look at my messages through the Comcast web site if I lost them in Outlook Express, with this box checked.  And yes, I am able to see my messages through Comcast but not Outlook Express.  Does that help at all?

tdk99

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »
Soybean,

Yes, it is a POP3 server.  However, in the advanced tab, I have the box checked to save these messages on the server.  I think I checked this box after about the third time of losing all of my messages off of Outlook Express.  I think Comcast told me that I could go back and look at my messages through the Comcast web site if I lost them in Outlook Express, with this box checked.  And yes, I am able to see my messages through Comcast but not Outlook Express.  Does that help at all?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 12:40:48 PM »
I see no such setting in OE; the only screen under Tools, Options, that has an Advanced button is Security, and that has nothing to do with setting messages to be left on the server.  So, exactly what screen and setting in OE are you talking about?

tdk99

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »
Soybean,

I went to TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, MAIL highlighted COMCAST, PROPERTIES, ADVANCED, DELIVERY, Checked the box titled, "leave a copy of message on the server".  Does that help?  I also use OE for an online class that I teach but this option is not available for the University server.  Does that make any sense?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »
    tdk99......
    leave a copy of message on the server
      Right below that there is a box where you enter how long you want the messages to be stored on the server .....what setting do you have ?
    Unless I'm wrong ....the max is 100 days

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:38:44 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 08:03:09 PM »
    Soybean,

I went to TOOLS, ACCOUNTS, MAIL highlighted COMCAST, PROPERTIES, ADVANCED, DELIVERY, Checked the box titled, "leave a copy of message on the server".  Does that help?  I also use OE for an online class that I teach but this option is not available for the University server.  Does that make any sense?
    OK, yes, that makes sense.  How many days do you have set there?  Does it make sense that you would accumulate 4,000 messages, based on the number of days you have set in OE?  Can you tell whether a lot of spam is running that message count up quite fast?  With your ISP, do you have any spam filtering options that stops certain spam and directs to a folder other-than your online Inbox?