Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Password  (Read 1842 times)

Bulwark

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Password
    « on: April 08, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »
    Windows XP Pro - File system FAT32 - The O.S. cd is not available - This is a genuine, registered and activated version and fully updated.

Have been bringing the system back from the brink of extinction after the owner loaded it up with viruses, worms and trojans.  It's now squeaky clean.

On bootup a Logon To Windows popped up asking for the Administrators Password.  Hitting Enter without entering a password allowed the system to boot fully.

I thought I had come across a workaround for the logon request and using Start>Run, entering Control Userpasswords2 in the box, >ok, in the  "Users for this computer" box clicked on Administrator then unchecked "Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer" and rebooted.

Now on bootup I get the Logon to Windows box with another on top of it with the message "The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again.  Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case."   The only option is to click OK.  When that is done the Logon to Windows box is on top but hitting Enter now brings up the error message again.

Trying to get into Safe mode hits the same problem.

Anyone know of a workaround please??

shoon81

Re: Password
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
    Try the password as admin
    Username Admin
    password admin

Or try this site
    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Cheers,
    Shoon81