Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office crashing  (Read 2293 times)

secretwolf

MS Office crashing
« on: April 16, 2006, 08:59:15 PM »
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Office apps on a computer of mine.
It works fine for everything EXCEPT when I go to "Save As". A regular save works fine, but when I go to save as to change file name, location etc the following happens:

I can edit the name and save it to My Documents, but as soon as I try to change the folder or navigate somewhere else via the save as window, it freezes completely and has to be shut down.

This happens for Excel and Word when I to Save As and also Outlook when I try to attach a file. Again I can send a file thats directly in My Documents but can't navigate anywhere. It has been working fine for months then out of the blue it just started.

I've tried freeing up some ram by stopping programs from autostarting and restarting, and removing nearly all the folders and files off my desktop to no avail. I've also deleted some files to clear up room on my hard drive but there is plenty there.

Please help! I really don't want to reinstall unless I absolutely have to as it would be a big hassle.

Thank you

Computer specs:
Windows 2000
Office 2003
Intel Pentium 3
256mb ram
20gb hdd, 12gb free.