Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: task manager question  (Read 2846 times)

middlemanfortecsup

task manager question
« on: April 17, 2006, 04:19:17 PM »
when in processes in the task manager, whats the difference between setting a priority from high to realtime

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: task manager question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »
This isn't a homework assignment is it?

Flame

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
    We don't give out the answers to homework assignments - not directly, anyways (I see no problem with posting links to Google search results). However, this is a tossup to me - I don't know if this is HW or if you're playing with the PC and are curious. Regardless, do a Google search for "task manager priority". I got the answer in 10 seconds.
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 05:26:58 PM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

middlemanfortecsup

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 06:59:38 PM »
    im seriously asking questions. dont answer unless you have an answer. i dont have time to wast

middlemanfortecsup

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »
    i know alittle about computers and i signed up for this forum to ask real questions about things that i think i should know that are important or things i have a problem with. if this was a homework assingment id refer to the text book or whatever.

Dilbert

• Egghead

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:24:38 PM »
      I did give a google search keyword. Is it so hard to use it? And frankly, I don't care why you signed up. I thought you were asking a homework question and I responded in the way we normally do. (Actually, I went over the line a tad by showing you how to get the answer) I don't see why you're in such a hurry if this is just learning about Windows. Your post "I have no time to [waste]" speaks volumes.
      « Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 07:27:32 PM by Timothy_Bennett »

middlemanfortecsup

APOLOGIES to all
      « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »
      hey look sorry, i just was wondering about processes and stuff so i fugured id ask here, i know i should have done some research but i was being lazy looking for an answer. I not in school for this stuff right now so i didnt get the "is this a homework assignment" but it makes sense so APOLOGIES to all and hope all is forgiven.

Oober_Noober

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 08:48:59 PM »
      Oh well. [link=http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/329/24/1.html#1]Here's a neat site[/link] that has lots of info about the Task Manager. I haven't searched it very thoroughly myself, but I've got it bookmarked for further study because it sure looks good. You should find your answer on page 2, and if not, you'll probbaly learn something new anyway!  :D

--Oober

Dilbert

• Egghead

Re: APOLOGIES to all
        « Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
        hey look sorry, i just was wondering about processes and stuff so i fugured id ask here, i know i should have done some research but i was being lazy looking for an answer. I not in school for this stuff right now so i didnt get the "is this a homework assignment" but it makes sense so APOLOGIES to all and hope all is forgiven.

It is. Don't worry. I was a little... upset... because I checked my Email and found a ****load of hate mail. So please forgive me as well. The plain and simple answer to your question is that realtime is the highest priority of them all, highest of the high. Be careful of what you set there, though - don't deprive your system of important system resources! ;)