Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Audition  (Read 2655 times)

Ryan

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Familiar
    Adobe Audition
    « on: April 13, 2006, 09:23:29 PM »
    I'm not having any computer problems, but I've got a question regarding using Adobe Audition?  Do any of you consider it a good idea to attempt a high hiss reduction and still keep the signal intact without loss of sound quality?  I had done a test last night when recording from an old mono record of mine.  (In fact, the original issue of Little Richard's hit Long Tall Sally, which had some slight noise.)  I had made a decision to record from the record and make the recorded sound sample mono.  After doing a light decrackle (I use Clickfix for this, instead of the standard click removal in Adobe Audition), I selected the entire file and went to the hiss reduction feature.  I went to the graph and set it at -40db (the highest it goes), and set the noise floor slider bar to -36db.  I chose to reduce the noise by 40db.  When that was finished, I checked it out.  The noise was reduced, but the signal was not affected.  I had discovered that this may work for mono files, but stereo ones....  I'm not sure if that will work.  Should I attempt it one channel at a time or not do that?  When I try it on a stereo file, it often has no effect when I do it this way.  I don't know how well it works if the file was recorded from a stereo record, but I know it doesn't work well if it's a stereo file recorded from a mono record.  Anybody have anything to say or suggest I try?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Adobe Audition
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 12:31:55 AM »
    You could probably do with asking this question on an audiophile forum...
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos