Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: file aic 78xx.sys is corrupted  (Read 3001 times)

oc06ac

file aic 78xx.sys is corrupted
« on: April 17, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
hello there,i perform checkdisk then suddenlythis error show,FILE AIC 78XX.SYS IS CORRUPTED. The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked.Use /p if you want to check the volume anyway...
what is /p and how can i use it?

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: file aic 78xx.sys is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 05:22:25 PM »
It would assist if you said what operating system you are using (I presume it's XP). Here's a bit of info on your query...

Chkdsk
Creates and displays a status report for the disk. The chkdsk command also lists and corrects errors on the disk.

[highlight]The chkdsk command with the parameters listed below is only available when you are using the Recovery Console.[/highlight] The chkdsk command with different parameters is available from the command prompt.

chkdsk [drive:] [/p] [/r]

Parameters none
Used without parameters, chkdsk displays the status of the disk in the current drive.

drive:
Specifies the drive that you want chkdsk to check.

/p
Performs an exhaustive check even if the drive is not marked for chkdsk to run. This parameter does not make any changes to the drive.

/r
Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information. Implies /p.

Note:
The chkdsk command requires the file Autochk.exe. If it cannot find it in the startup directory (\%systemroot%\System32, by default), it will attempt to locate it on the Windows Installation CD. If you have a multiboot computer, be sure you are issuing this command from the drive containing Windows.

Good luck...
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.