Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printer  (Read 1829 times)

lordvader781

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    printer
    « on: April 17, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »
    I am having a problem with my printer.  It will not print at all.  When I click print, it sends it to the que.  Nothing happens once it is in the que.  It wouldn't delete from the que.  So I turned off the spool service under administrative tools and cleared the que out.  I then resarted the spool service.  I clicked print again and it appears in the que like it should, but it still won't print.  I checked all connections, I have restarted the computer, and turned off the printer several times.

System specs:
    Processor: 1.5 GHz Intel P4
    Memory: 512 MB
    Printer: HP psc 1350v all-in-one

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: printer
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »
    Do you have the correct printer selected?

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »
    Uninstall the printer drivers, reboot and then reinstall is always a good place to start with these issues. Did iyt use to work or it this a new printer? Those All In One HP's have to be installed in a particular order - Install the software, reboot and then plug in the USB cable to finish the installation.  ;)
    « Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:48:04 PM by GX1_Man »

lordvader781

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 06:04:15 PM »
      Never  mind the problem, I got the printer working again.  I discovered that there was no power to the USB ports.  When I plugged in my flash drive and my Ipod, I noticed that nothing happened.  My wireless mouse also had no power, but hadn't noticed it since I was using a PS/2 mouse at the time.  After changing a setting in the BIOS, the ports all had power again.  Strange thing is, is that out of six ports that I have only four were without power.  The 2 ports in the front and the 2 in the upper back had no power, while the 2 in the lower back had power.  Any reason as to why this happened?  Thanks for the help anyways.