Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to open .dgcr .dgdr and .dgd file extensions  (Read 6034 times)

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • Woo Woo
    How to open .dgcr .dgdr and .dgd file extensions
    « on: April 19, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »
    Hi

A friend has emailed me some files before leaving on an overseas trip, the files have the extensions of .dgcr, .dgdr, .dgd and .dgc. I have searched the web for programs to open these, all I find is a US tax program which I actually did attempt, without success.

Does anyone know what programs will open these files? Can I convert them to another type of file and open them with something else? They should contain text and image files.

Regards!

Chad

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How to open .dgcr .dgdr and .dgd file extensio
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:34:18 AM »
    Do you know what program was used to generate the files?  Or what kind of computer they were created on (e.g. PC/Mac)?  If they were created in a specific desktop publishing program, the chances are you will only be able to open them in that program.  DTP programs all use proprietary file formats that tend to resist format conversion!
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

chad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Woo Woo
      « Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »
      No, unfortunately I hve no idea what program was used! He's not on a Mac though.
      he just emailed them to me and took off for Nepal, or Kuwait or some equally unreachable destination and I wont be able to contact him for some weeks.

Is there a way to explore the files and find out what created them? If not, there should be! this should be a standard field in the 'properties' of a file. (hello? Bill, are you listening?)

regards.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
        • Me
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:57:48 AM »
      Hmm...  Have a look at *Blocked Russian URL*/resources/dgca/dgca_guide.html]>this page<[/url].  It may be that you have one of these compressed/split files.  Try using that program to recombine and ascertain what the original file is?

If this works, do let us know.  Or if it doesn't!
      Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos