Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SIMS Marriage  (Read 8771 times)

ChrisSim

SIMS Marriage
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »
Hi, I'm playing the original Sims with all the expansions up to vacation, (can't find Unleashed :P) Just installed it as a break from my usual FPSs and RPGs and got hooked. It's really irritating me however how these two bachelor and bacheloress Sims won't marry. He is a Vice cop and brings in 490 a day and has a fair sized bungalow that I designed using no cheats, he even has a pool! She was also designed with no cheats and is a junior executive with a smaller house and smaller paycheck. Anyway, The guy (Marcus) invites the girl (Jenny) over, prepares dinner, they eat, talk, have fun, sit down, ALL that... and then when I propose all I get is, 'can't you tell I'm in a terrible mood? Your timing stinks!' Day after day... how do I get her to marry the bloke?! They both have 100 life time relationship bars and both love eachother with little red hearts (Aww) It's really quite annoying that's her only reason, how do I improve her mood thus getting her to marry Marcus?!!?! Any hints?!

Cheers in advance.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: SIMS Marriage
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:21:55 AM »
Chris, you're not alone man. I have a hard time getting it to work on the original version too. It's easier in the newer versions. This is going to sound funny, but it's worth a shot. Invite her over, she comes, make dinner, and let her go to the bathroom! I find that in my game that everytime a sim comes over, they want to use the bathroom as soon as they can. Let her go, and call her over and talk. Mix a little romance in there if you want. As soon as you can, ask her the big one. Also make sure that the sim's room score (nice decor) is at the full level. If the room score is high, the moods go up.

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 06:58:38 PM »
 I find that in my game that everytime a sim comes over, they want to use the bathroom as soon as they can.

I've got some friends like that.  :o

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »
    I'm that way after a long car trip. Can you blame us? Public restrooms are a nightmare. :o
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 07:02:57 PM »
    That's different lol  These people walked all the way from next door. Such a hard trip lol

Flame

ChrisSim

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 07:33:02 AM »
    Cheers chaps, Letting her do what she felt like for a little before turning on the romance certainly worked. She moved into his bungalow and instead of moving in to a big house with basic things I did up his bungalow completely, adding a few rooms, expanding others and replacing most things. I built a kids' room and will add an upstairs soon just because a large, one storey house doesn't look right, probably just have a play room up stairs. Built a kids room with bed, computer, all that and bought a love bed so they had a baby of their very own (awwww). I also found out the best way to keep the sims happy is actually play in bed, social and fun are two of the biggest impacting things on their mood and 'play in bed' pretty much gets them to full although I must admit it isn't exactly enjoyable telling them to do it all the time.
    Great house, great family, not having another kid yet but they might in time. Now to get him off nights as a vice cop... just need 4 family friends but he never finds the time, I'll have to work on it.

Thanks again!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 07:46:20 AM »
    Sure thing. Come back and see us if you have any more questions  ;)

Flame

ChrisSim

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 12:53:13 PM »
    Thanks again. It's not to do with the topic of my thread but I didn't want to clutter your lovely forums with yet another of my newbie threads :D
    Any tips on making friends?? No, I'm not a social reject but I fear my Sim might be :P
    Well, when I say social reject I mean my new family don't have any family friends and I need to USE four of the good people in the neighbourhood to advance Marcus' career (how shallow :P)
    Anywho I'd like to get Marcus of nights as a Vice Cop to spend more time with his family, and no, I'm not so engrossed in the game I feel for my little virtual people (okay so I do a little :P), it would just make the game a little easier if daddy could spend a little time with sonny boy so sonny boy isn't depressed most of the time.
    Tips on the quickest way to get someone to be a family friend would be great, male and or female... I can make family friends, just wonder if there are any quick ways that I don't know about! (No cheats of course please if any exist!)

Cheers again.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 02:44:19 PM »
    Well, next to talking it up and doing fun things with them, spoil them with gifts! Anything you can give them. Some things you can buy, and others you can make.

Flame

ChrisSim

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 04:54:46 PM »
    Cheers... pretty much knew that already... apart from I never think of gifts, thanks. There is one comment that perplexed me a little however... MAKE gifts? Remember I'm only playing up to Vacation/On holdiay (still can't find unleashed, not in its box, grrrr) What gifts can you make and how? Sorry for my repeated noob questioning,

cheers
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:55:12 PM by ChrisSim »

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 05:06:18 PM »
      While I do not know the answer being unfamiliar with the game, I would like to point out one thing: There is no shame in asking questions. Feel free to/comfortable with asking as many questions as needed/wanted. That's why we log on to the forums each day. :)
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 06:37:57 PM »
      I'm not sure which expansion pack it's in, but you can make preservatives, adn I'm not sure what else you can make in your version...

Flame

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 07:47:24 AM »
        Flame i think the ones were you make things is House party or Living it Up, could be wrong though...... Also here a tip, to get their mood up let them play on the computer, that gets their mood up loads. When you make things you can make Wooden items by buying a work bench. Im also guessing you have Hot Date, go Down Town and buy some gifts for them, worked for me. Hope this helps, bi.

C}{r1$

99 Problems and London's one of them

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 08:44:49 AM »
        What do they make from wood? Garden Gnomes? I froget if we were able to make them in these versions...

Flame

ChrisSim

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
        Ah the gnomes! Thanks again but can they be given as gifts?? I'll ahve a go... preserves will probably be in Unleashed as you can grow fruit... can't find it anywhere, as I keep saying  >:(
        Anywho, thanks for all the fiendly responses. If anyone thinks of anything else makeable please tell me here. 2 out of 4 friends yay :D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »
        I think you can give them as gifts. I'm pretty sure. What expansion packs do you have? If you have makin' Magic, this will be easy.

Flame

ChrisSim

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 05:40:08 PM »
        All up to Vacation/on holiday... makin' magic and super star looked a bit... well... lame... although I might get 'em cheap and try them out, don't know until you try I guess. Thanks again

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
        « Reply #17 on: April 22, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »
        Hm. I'm not sure what you are able to make then. Don't remember.

Flame

cheeseycase

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 11:39:52 AM »
        Hmm preservatives, i believed you can make these in Unleashed, lol im a insane Sim fan, got every Sim game!

Even the sims 2 and even sim cities!

And yea you can make gnomes and give them out as gifts but you dont need wood just the work bench. And in making magic these guys can come alive and help out in the garden just like a gardener and without pay. lol

Err in making social interaction, i believe in the first 2 expansion of the sims, its very easy to make social interaction to become 100 and marriage, but when comes to hot date and the others it can be abit diffcult, as it introduces a new social "upgrade".

An example would be compared to the expansions before hot date, you can continue to interact with the other sim as many times as you want BUT, when you have hot date, if you keep talking to other sim he would not want to talk to you.

Another example would be new interests, if your sim has the similiar interest as another sim, they would communicate easier, its just like real life but... simmier...

Hmm just asking ChrisSim, why do you think makin magic and superstar looked lame? Lol just asking.