Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My icons are stuck with color...  (Read 2606 times)

rosen

My icons are stuck with color...
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:02:09 AM »
This is such a dumb question but i believe i have exhaused all hopes.  For some odd reason when I changed a picture on my desktop months ago-my icons went from having a translucent background with the words to now having color. I HATE IT.  I have tried every menu in control panels, folder options, and properties even advanced and cannot make them go back.  It is not a big deal except for the fact that it is driving me absolutely crazy.  If any one knows why I would love some help.  I really have tried everything.  Good luck figuring this one out!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: My icons are stuck with color...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »
If you don't know the answer, it's not a dumb question.  :)  What version of Windows are you using?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:14:36 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

rosen

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »
sorry-should have thought to put that.  I have a dell inspiron 1150 with windows xp professional.
thanks for looking!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:29:11 AM »

rosen

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
Wow-I really thought this page would do it  but it doesn't.  The directions for windows does not work, and I don't want to have to install anything to custom build icons.  Why does xp have to make it so hard.  I have tried that opetion before and it still doesn't work....thanks for trying-any other suggestions?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:50:50 AM »
Then try this: Right-click on the desktop, choose "Arrange Icons by", go to "Lock Web Items on Desktop", un-check that.

rosen

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:53:35 AM »
Did that and it wasn't checked to begin with-but I checked it then unchecked and....Nope! My computer is possessed. >:(

rosen

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 11:28:49 AM »
Ok-BELIEVE IT OR NOT I have found the solution-and not on my own.
I searched ALL day and found that because under right click on desk top and go to properties and then go to the desktop tab and click on customize desktop and click on the WEB tab-(never looked here?)  and then deselect any box checked under webpages.  If the other setting mentioned above is in check-it will work.  I feel like I just hit the jackpot-what a miracle!  I no longer beleive my computer is possessed!!!!!!!!!  Thanks for all your help!