Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Supply Cable  (Read 2565 times)

soom

Power Supply Cable
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »
I just bought a enclosure and the power supply cable -> the yellow wire is out of it's place i really do not know what to do and i couldnt return it  :'(  :'(  :'(  would anyone please tell me what to do? please.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Power Supply Cable
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:24:32 PM »
     soom......
    I just bought a enclosure and the power supply cable

If theres something wrong with whatever it is you purchased ....why wouldnt you return it .
    The other thing , if you wish for a idea of what the problem is .......we really need to know exactly what your talking about.
    You mention you bought an enclosure ....... an enclosure for what ??????? and ..... "the power supply cable " again for what .......?????????

please let us know .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

soom

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:28:13 PM »
    hard drive .. the power suuply cable that is in the enclosure i was trying to put the hard drive into it and while i was doing that i realized that the yellow wire isnt in its place " in the plastic thing "

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »
    Push it back in until it clicks in place.  Use pliers if necessary.  Preferably do this with the computer unplugged...  ;)
    « Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:45:34 PM by robpomeroy »
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

soom

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »
    no no .. the enclosure is like the external thing for the hard disk drive... i just want to know what to do cause im worry too  much if its just screwed..  i bought a hard drive and then bought a enclosure so i put it in because i didnt have space in the pc.. when i opened the enclosure the yellow wire was more like removed from the plastic

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    « Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 01:28:18 AM »
    Please post some photos of the enclosure and the wire.

soom

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 02:06:49 AM »
    Here :

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    « Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »
    Yeah, I thought you were talking about that kind of plug.  The problem is, it doesn't look like the connector has come out, as I'd thought - it looks like it has sheared off.  How are your soldering skills?  You may be able to solder the wire back to the connector (and then hold it in place by wrapping the base of the plug with insulation tape).  You'll probably need to strip the yellow wire back a little first.

Not a difficult job, but if you're not familiar with soldering irons and wire strippers, I'd recommend getting a more experienced friend to help.