Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: File Data3.cap?  (Read 11935 times)

Faith

File Data3.cap?
« on: August 25, 2004, 11:07:46 PM »
whenever I try to install Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe or Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom, I get a message during installation that says to "enter disk 0 that contains the file Data3.cap". What is this? Why is it missing? And how can I get it back? Please help me. Beause of this I cannot install any games on my computer. I was told that it is a computer file and that I can download it somewhere but I have been unable to find it anywhere. I am desperate, please help. Thank you.

Raptor

Re: File Data3.cap?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 05:58:08 AM »
Are these two games 'all' your games? If yes, are they legit CD-ROMS? If that is the case; are they scratched? Scratched CD's might report missing files. So may copied CD's.

Or do you have more games and only used these two as an example?

From the Google searches, it seems like only Germans suffer from your problem.. Are you certain it is not DATA3.CAB?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 05:59:46 AM by Raptor »

WingedOne

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 02:05:35 PM »
These are the only games that I am having a problem with. Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe will install on my brother's computer but there is a trouble shooting problem when trying to play the game. I am uncertain of the issue at the moment. Emeror will install and play just fine on my brother's computer.

Usually it stops at 51% and tells me I need the Data3 file but for some reason when I just tried to install it, it worked. The only thing I did was try and download a zip I found that was labaled Data3 but it said it was damamged. well I suppose as long as the problem is gone I shouldn't complain. I was told it was a security thing but I don't know. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help anyway, it's greatly apreciated. Thanks.

WingedOne

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 02:06:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I thought I would mention that I am Faith. Origional poster.

WingedOne

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 02:15:54 PM »
I just tried to install Rollercoaster Tycoon deluxe and it tells me I need Data3.cab. It was installed on my brother's computer just fine.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 04:29:08 PM »
The file might tell you it is damaged if you try to open it because (Correct me if I am wrong) Data3.cab files only contain compressed driver files and donot require to be unpacked.

I assume a Readme file has been given together with the Data3.cab file that tells you where to place it?

WingedOne

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 01:38:04 AM »
No a read me was not with the file. I got it here.

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=112059

But I was only able to install Emperor, Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe still will not install, and still asks for the Data3.cab file, but only on my computer. Though I belive I need a new disc as this one is scratched quite a bit.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 04:59:41 AM »
That could most likely be your problem. Be more careful with CD/DVD ROMs. Scratched surfaces often cause problems.

The file you downloaded seems to be for a Scanner device.. Do you have a scanner connected?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 05:00:33 AM by Raptor »