Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My ram is acting weird  (Read 2640 times)

slik

My ram is acting weird
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:58:37 PM »
Well my computer is acting very wierd.. it wouldnt do the 3 short beeps that indicate its the ram until i took out the ram... and put it back in the slot... im positive its connected properly... but is my ram defected?... i only took it out for a good 2 minutes.. didnt drop it or anything.

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: My ram is acting weird
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:14:15 AM »
    If there are no beep codes, wouldn't that mead the RAM is working properly? What problems do you have with memory?
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:14:43 AM by Timothy_Bennett »
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

slik

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 12:33:12 AM »
    "3 short beeps that indicate its the ram until i took out the ram... and put it back in the slot... " Until meanin it started to beep after i put the ram back in :/

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:03:02 AM »
    You quoted the same confusing information again. Let's start over.

What happened BEFORE you took out the RAM. Why did you take it out? When you put it back in was it the same RAM? Does the computer boot at all now or just beep? If more than 1 chip can it boot normally with just one?

slik

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 10:33:26 AM »
    Alright, well my monitor has not been getting signal for awhile... so i took out the ram to put in my other computer to make it faster since i couldnt figure out why the monitor was not working. Then i took it out of the other computer and put it back in mine. Since then my computer makes 3 short beeps when it boots up. I dont know if i can see anything since my monitor isnt working.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 11:14:03 PM »
    Read this and then tell us some specifics about your hardware - make/model,etc.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

slik

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:53:15 PM »
    Sorry i havent replied in a long time... was up at military school, well ive read that... its the 3 short beeps.
    System spec

Windows xp professional
    1 gig kingston value ram
    radeon 9600xt
    Intel d865perl motherboard :/