Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't save any file to my computer  (Read 2573 times)

d-style

Can't save any file to my computer
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:44:52 AM »
Hi, i've been a lurker here for a little while, using questions other people have asked to get my own answered.  Anyhow, I haven't seen anyone with a similar problem like the one I am about to ask, so here goes:

Whenever I try to save any type of file to my computer, whatever program (most of the time Internet Explorer) freezes, and I have to force close Internet Explorer.  This is very annoying being that I am in school and I need to save files that my professors put up on their websites.  Anyone know any solutions?

cpaw88

Re: Can't save any file to my computer
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 01:42:53 AM »
Format your computer.  Sounds like a bad Virus to me, or just a big error not worth spending days to fix, so format! :)

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
Have you done spyware and virus scans? What programs do you use on a regular basis?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:08:39 AM »
Do you have anti-virus protection?  Are you using any spyware/malware removal tools?  If not, do so.  Since you've been a lurker here for awhile, you've probably seen the usual recommended programs for this.  And, I imagine the school you attend may have some info about avoiding computer problems from online exposure.  Am I right?  Nevertheless, if you need more info on such tools, post here again.

Also, do you periodically run Disk Cleanup?  And, delete temporary internet files?

What OS are you running?  If Win XP, do you have SP2 installed?