Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game is half fullscreen half  windowed mode  (Read 3821 times)

slik

Game is half fullscreen half  windowed mode
« on: April 22, 2006, 12:45:05 AM »
Hi well im on a crap labtop p4 800mhz 300 ram and Ati Mobility 128 agp 2x, funny though the aprox memory on the video card is 8mb according to dxdiag .. well i play counterstrike and when i start it its in windowed mode... but has black borders... indicating it should be running in full screen... a friend of mine  has a crap labtop too and had this problem... but he clicked something on his keyboard and got it to be in fullscreen... i cant get in touch with him so im wondering what do i press to make it totally fullscreen.

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Game is half fullscreen half  windowed mo
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »
    Dont suppose youve tried changing the resololution withing the game have you? I got Counter Strike Condition Zero and i had this problem but just changed my resolution in the game to the one which suited my screen. Hope this helps

C}{r1$

99 Problems and London's one of them

slik

Re: Game is half fullscreen half  windowed mode
    « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:40:06 AM »
    Ah thank you, it works. I was afraid to raise the resolution just because i dont want the fps to be a constant 10 or something... heh thanks again

slik

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 10:42:26 AM »
    AHH tried to join a server for the first time on this resolution... once it loaded it crashed :D

chriscool9

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
      Hmmm thats odd, So what Counter Strike have you got? The original? It might just be the server you know, some servers have things on that your pc doesnt have which crashes the game. Try another 3 servers and get back to me, ill research some more for you.

Also when the resolution was only half could you connect to servers?
      « Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 01:58:46 PM by chriscool9 »

slik

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »
      dont worry about it hehe.. this video card has 8mb memory... its a piece of crap  ;D did work on 1028x1024

chriscool9

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 05:10:49 AM »
        Hehehehehe, well is it sorted now or night, lol, im lost :(

If it is well then glad it is and this is the 1st person that ive helped soley on my own, YEY!