Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RAM count @ post  (Read 2535 times)

Marxist

RAM count @ post
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
What is the most likely cause when the RAM is checked more than once during POST?

GX1_Man

Re: RAM count @ post
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »
Some motherboards do multiple counts to check function. Is there an option for Fast Boot in the BIOS? What computer or motherboard make/model?

Marxist

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 02:57:11 AM »
In general, no specific problem.

Does it not indicate that the RAM is damaged in any way?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 03:14:42 AM »
    This smacks of homework...
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

Marxist

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 04:28:57 AM »
    I can assure you it is not. But even if it were so, would it truly matter?

Them who were once new are now smart mouthing new comers. I suppose that happens when people get fancy titles and a system where people are put into classes.

I see this forum hasn't changed one bit.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 04:32:08 AM by Marxist »

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »
    Instead of getting distracted with this, did you find an option in the BIOS for fast boot,or similar? What is the computer or motherboard make/model?

Marxist

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 08:14:35 AM »
    It does not concer a 'specific' motherboard, it is just that I have seen it happen on older systems with aging RAM and never quite understood wheter it was a bad thing or good thing.

Are you saying it depends on the motherboard?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      « Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 08:27:09 AM »
      Sorry, GX1_Man, I need to resolve this real quick:

I can assure you it is not. But even if it were so, would it truly matter?

Them who were once new are now smart mouthing new comers. I suppose that happens when people get fancy titles and a system where people are put into classes.

I see this forum hasn't changed one bit.

Marxist, I was in no way smart-mouthing you. I said what I said because we have had a huge influx of lazy school-goers asking us to do their homework for them, and that tends to make other regulars and me a little suspicious of questions about problems they don't have.

As for my title as an "expert": This is not an official title. This was a gift from another forum member celebrating my 14th thread in the FAQ Solution Database. That position of FAQ Moderator is my only official title. I do not consider myself to be a true "expert", but I do know a heck of a lot about computers, much of it learned through informal means.

Sorry, I need to go; family member has a PC problem for me to fix. Feel free to ignore this post and answer GX1_Man's questions.
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."