Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE, WMP and MSN all auto-exit  (Read 2044 times)

Asriel

IE, WMP and MSN all auto-exit
« on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:19 AM »
I was recently tinkering around with my registry deleting what I thought to be bad entries, and since I've rebooted my MSN, WMP and IE all are *censored*. Also I can't use search and find folders in My Computer.
I believe I must've deleted something in my Reg.. I'm using the reg I backed up (the original) now but stuff still doesn't work. I've reinstalled msn but to no effect.

My msn signs in, then exits after a few seconds. (this may be as soon as someone messages me or something, i think it's triggered)

My WMP doesn't load.

IE loads the page then automatically quits.

Search and find folders in My Computer makes closes the open 'My Computer' page and reloads my taskbar...

Today I was deleting all my nvidia driver remains from my dllcache and the registry (all files containing the terms nv4 and nvcpl + folders/files with the term nvidia/nv4),  I also reinstalled directX and a new pair of chipset drivers and drivers for my ATI card. I'm not sure if any of that could've contributed to my problems now...

Could someone help me out? I really need it..