Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: maxtor 80GBs not detected nor....  (Read 1765 times)

distorted

maxtor 80GBs not detected nor....
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:31:01 PM »
i have a maxtor diamond plus 9 80GB hard drive, the issue is that sometime back it stopped being detected and showing up in bios / cmos but it still worked like a charm, but then later on it stopped working, now when i plug it in it dun even make any sound but it gives the blue hardware conflict / error screen no matter on which jumper settings i use it as a back up drive on!!!

can anyone tell me if its possible to recover my data from it or get it to work, or any utitlity i can use to get revived?

GX1_Man

Re: maxtor 80GBs not detected nor....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 07:28:23 AM »
Download and run the free diagnostics from the Maxtor site (if it will run that far). If it is not recognized you would have to use a data recovery service (expen$ive). If it is you could possibly slave it in another machine.

distorted

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »
well thats the thing, i plug in the hard drive, it boots and never even reaches the windows boot screen just hangs up before that and shows that blue hardware error screen! what should i do? i AM using it as a secondary master and slave as well as a primary slave

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 03:24:56 PM »
Distorted:

What does the Blue Screen of Death say?  Does it have the word STOP followed by 0x and several numbers and letters?  If so, what are these letters and numbers?

Doc