Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new problem...windows media player 9  (Read 1993 times)

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
    new problem...windows media player 9
    « on: April 28, 2006, 11:19:13 PM »
    sorry about posting another topic so quickly, ive read previous posts and searched the net for related problems but to no avail. anyway the problem is windows media player 9 freezes at random intervals. could be halfway thru a song, after 3 songs, or the second it loads. also when it freezes, sometimes it takes the whole computer down with it. (ex. instead of just wmp 9 freezing it freezes other applications along with it and eventually the whole computer freezes).  :-?

again any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 11:22:25 PM by homer »

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
      Re: new problem...windows media player 9
      « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:27:25 PM »
      Google revealed a little, about "non-standard monitors" and such. Could you try upgrading to Windows Media Player 10, and see if that helps? Don't know that it will, but upgrading solved a few WinMedia problems for me...
      "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
        « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 11:30:01 PM »
        im sorry i forgot to tell u im running in win98. the last i read wmp10 only works for winXP. is there any other possible solutions?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 06:38:05 AM »
        How about a hint or two about your system. Now we know the operating system anyway.  ;)

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
          « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 11:08:53 AM »
          compaq presario ez2207, 500mhz processor, 127mb ram, 20 gig hd, win98 nvidia geforce2 graphics card, soundmax integrated digital audio sound card, and a NIC network card. thats about all of it. could ne of these be conflicting with wmp9?
          « Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:01:33 AM by homer »