Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: multiple errors,cannot open anything!!  (Read 6463 times)

sea_fanta_sea

multiple errors,cannot open anything!!
« on: August 26, 2004, 07:49:35 PM »
hi yall, i have a big problem with error messages everytime i try to open anything.this has been going on about a week and i cannot figure it out.so far i have uninstalled and reinstalled ie, ran virus and spyware programs, defraged,deleted all unused programs,disabled most start up items and im about ready to redo windows but if i do am i going to lose all my family pics ect. i have saved on my pc?????do yall think it would help if i did this? im just lost as to what could be the trouble...any help would be  greatly appreciated.some of the hundreds of errors are...explorer has caused invalid page fault in mod. mfswxzjh.dll at 0167:023c4a2f. and   kmjdnbfc.dll at 0167:02ad6cbd   also kernal 32 errors!  i am running windows 98se.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 07:52:09 PM by sea_fanta_sea »

Raptor

Re: multiple errors,cannot open anything!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 04:50:09 AM »
If you wish to eliminate all the problems occuring, you will have to format.

I suggest you save your files to a storage media. Such as Diskettes or CD-ROMS.

If that is not possible, you may copy your photos and other files you wish to keep to a partition. If you donot have a partition, I suggest you create one with a program such as Symantec Partition Magic 8.0

Once that is done, you can safely format your C: station and reinstall Windows 98.

You may require a bootfdisk to boot from if you have not obtained one yet: http://www.bootdisk.de

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 03:12:11 PM »
ok run spysweeper from www.webroot.com ...? next download  sytem mechanic form iolo.com...theses will clean  you system ...try a defrag..are you using ie6? and there is this >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/windows/topics/errormsg/kbipf.asp   and you can try a program called free ram...

sea_fanta_sea

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »
thank you both, i will go try these other things first and hope they help. yes i am using ie6, i went to microsoft a few days ago and have not yet heard from them .keeping my fingers crossed that these things ya sent me will work!!! thank you. im scared to try redoing windows myself, heck i probably would kill this thing fer sure if i try it! oh and my floppy died a while back so i cant even boot from a floppy .geeeez what a mess.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 11:36:01 PM »
you may find that have ie6 is the culprit?...try another browser or use your old ie..

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 04:14:12 AM »
Internet Explorer 6.0 works fine here.

sea_fanta_sea

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »
ok i used spysweeper as you said, it came up with 2 trojans and a boat load of other stuff so i cleaned it up.  how do i go back to using the old ie?? i have heard a lot about mozilla(?) should i maybe try that ,ya think?one question tho....does ie have anything to do with opening things such as  my computer or my documents? i hate to be such a dummy about computers but sadly...i am. thank god for people like yall.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 07:53:30 AM »
Internet Explorer does not have much to do with opening documents. Unless you use Internet Explorer to do so.

As for Firefox, I highly recommend that.

Mozilla Firefox

merlin_2

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 12:27:59 PM »

sea_fanta_sea

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 04:13:45 PM »
hello again, welll i took yalls advice and soooo glad i did! i downloaded mozilla...its great i can now browse with ease. the only thing is, i still get the errors when opening my computer and my documents ect. i also got the system mechanic and it found tons of stuff to get rid of.,but nothing has helped the problem of the error messages. should i completely uninstal ie ,would that help?i created a shortcut to desktop for my dial up networking so i dont have to go thru my computer anymore but it also gives error messages when clicked on.  thanks yall...so much :-* ;)

merlin_2

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 01:40:15 AM »
http://www.all-windows.com/kernel32_02.html   or you could try this some would disagree with it but here goes...search for the  c:\windows\options\cabs folder  next to the scanreg icon in this folder  should an icon called setup..click this ...this will reinstall your system...it may or may not ask for the install disk...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 01:44:00 AM by merlin_2 »

sea_fanta_sea

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 08:00:24 AM »
  merlin_2, thank you for sticking with me through this. i hate to say but i followed your instructions in the last post up till i got to the scan reg folder, it is NOT there. maybe this is my problem huh?  i went to the link you gave me and im gonna try to follow the steps to delete and replace  the corrupted . thanks again and hope i make it back to let ya know if t works .
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 08:46:43 AM by sea_fanta_sea »