Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP - Something Bad Happened to CD-RW  (Read 1791 times)

familyname

Windows XP - Something Bad Happened to CD-RW
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:39:28 AM »
Situation: Last week burned a number of documents to a particular CD-RW. Was able to access files as needed. Today needed to access files and there is nothing there. No files, and according to drive, the disc has all but 400 kb free. As if it were blanked. I definitely did not erase it. That would be more than "slip of the thumb", could spontaneous erasing occur???
When I put into burner, and went through "my computer", there are no files there. Can't find my files, don't know what could have happened to them.

Computer is less than a month old. Running Windows XP Pro. Burner is Artec VOM-12E48X. CD-RW disc is a Sony. Having no trouble reading any other cd-rws. Thanks for your consideration.  

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Windows XP - Something Bad Happened to CD-RW
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »
    You did select "Burn these files to CD", right? You didn't just move them over?
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:00:40 PM »
    And the disc had been formatted? And you WERE able to see them and access them after the "burn" on the newly burned CDRW?

tomo222

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »
    its Most likely that hes not copied all the files or inproperly selected otherwise the CD-RW is Defective