Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unknown error in Client and Host Security Platform  (Read 2524 times)

LesterUnlimited

Unknown error in Client and Host Security Platform
« on: May 07, 2006, 04:07:38 AM »
I am unable to start my Webroot SpySweeper, Norton Antivirus Suite 2005 and Microsoft Antispyware. All other applications so far seem ok including Black Ice, Adaware Personal, AVG Free, Spybot and XSoft Anti Spyware. I'm using a Dell D600 laptop with Windows XP SP2.

Webroot Spysweeper reports: An error occured in the application
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program, however the same fault reoccurs.

Norton Antivirus Suite 2005 reports: Unknown error in Client and Host Security Platform.
Frustratingly I cannot even uninstall this program. Every attempt is met the error screen.

Microsoft Antispyware reports: Critical Error (Error 101)
I reinstalled this as the updated Window Defenter Beta and it's been running smoothly.

I've ran scans with all my other security programs and they report a clean system. I've restarted Windows countless times and in Safe Mode the error screens still come up. Also, I can no longer update Windows. The screens stays on 'Checking for the latest updates for your computer...' an stays there, I quit after an hour. The green progress bar wasstill sweeping.

I'm not sure if this is related but the problems seem to occured after Webroot Spysweeper discovered an removed 44 infected rootfiles(?) (I'm not 100% certain it was rootfiles(?) it reported as I wasn't paying attention.)

Can anyone help please? Many thanks in advance.

infoseeker

Re: Unknown error in Client and Host Security Plat
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 05:10:22 AM »
Norton Antivirus Suite 2005 reports: Unknown error in Client and Host Security Platform.
Frustratingly I cannot even uninstall this program. Every attempt is met the error screen.

Have you try that also in safemode?
Correct me if im mistake:
All your AV and A-spyware load and scans at stars-up

LesterUnlimited

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:00:19 AM »
Yes, Safe Mode will not let me uninstall Norton AntiVirus - I have to attampt to uninstall it through the Control Panel in normal mode. As mentioned every unintall attempt has been unsuccessful.

Yes, with the exception of Webroot and Norton, all my other programs work as they should.

infoseeker

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »
did you have ccleaner?
f not try to download it and install it (dont run yet)
reboot, go in safemode, run ccleaner
reboot

f not working, try to start recovering your important files
and start cleaning the whole thing in your pc, back to zero