Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cooling Fan  (Read 1967 times)

rlysjr87

Cooling Fan
« on: May 08, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »
I have a Dell inspiron 4000.  The cooling fan on the right  corner under the display died...the computer would over heat and crash.  Had the fan replaced in October 2005....the computer worked great..could hear the cooling fan come on and had no problems with crashes.  

Now the computer has crashed several times...and I have noted that the cooling fan is not working..

Is it possible that the crashes are heat related.....since this is the same M. O. as before the fan was changed out.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Cooling Fan
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »
If the fan is not working, and nothing else has been changed to the system, etc., then I would find it logical to blame the fans... Is the laptop still under warranty?

Flame

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »
No fan=heat=crash.  ;)

homer

Expert
    « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:40:58 PM »
    its either the fan itself. or the power terminals. before u go out and buy a new fan, i would first recommend getting a volt meter and checking to see if u have voltage at the terminals where the fan is hooked up. if u do have voltage, then its a bad fan, if u dont, then its a bad connection between the motherboard and the power jack u plugged into. i had the same problem with my old computer, except the fan was in the power supply. turns out the fan was still good, it was just a bad electrical connection between the fan and the circuit board.