Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: notebook monitor  (Read 2070 times)

laurenb222

notebook monitor
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
I am using a totally awesome Dell Inspiron notebook that is a little more than a year old.  About a week ago, the right side of the monitor began displaying a vertical gray line about half an inch wide.  It did not go away despite my best efforts.  I decided this was not a big deal to me and I would learn to live with it.  Today, however, a much smaller but equally noticable greenish-blue line appeared next to it.  I have no idea what is going on.  Am I in danger of complete monitor disfunction?  Can someone help me or tell me whether this will continue (and in what pattern of color)?

aslater

Beginner

• A little knowledge is a dangerous thing-that's me!
    Re: notebook monitor
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »
    Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall?  Also check the Dell site for upgrades.  Good luck!
    ASlater

subfusca

Re: notebook monitor
    « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 04:53:22 PM »
    The same thing happened to my Inspiron LCD after 2+ years of use.  I ended up having to buy a new LCD, because it was at the point where I couldn't make out the display.  I tried to find other solutions, but everyone I talked to told me the same thing. The screen was a gonner.  

Tolerate it as long as you can, but you may ultimately have to replace it.  I replaced mine for $230 (from ebay).  Dell will likey charge you 3 times that price if it isn't under warranty anymore.

Good luck!