Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Comp and video card!  (Read 2035 times)

luvwit1gurl

Gaming Comp and video card!
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:18:44 PM »
Im getting a new comp and Im wondering which comp to get that is at least 1gb of ram and 256 mb video card to get.
And anybody recommand a video card that can support call of duty2 that is at least $200 or below???
And recommand some comp that is good for gaming ($1000 or below)
TY~^^

GX1_Man

Re: Gaming Comp and video card!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
Have you done any looking at all?  ::)

homer

Expert
    Re: Gaming Comp and video card!
    « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 02:40:47 AM »
    BFG GeForce 7600 GT OC 256bit DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out SLI ready video card----$249.98 CDN

...i had my receipt right in front of me  ;D, makes me look real smart typing all of that. i dont even know what DVI or SLI means... ;D. all i know, u can plug in two monitors into it.  ;D

anyway, this video card is sweet, it runs call of duty 2, battlefield 2, and age of empires 3 without a hitch. its $50 dollars over ur budget, but i would recommend it. it even comes with GameDrive Manager. (a thing that makes and uses virtual cds)and some other crap.

i bought all my computer components from here http://www.ncix.com...just incase u were wondering.

P.S. if ur going for high performance gaming comps, u might wanna increase ur budget by about $500-$1000.
    « Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 02:44:14 AM by homer »