Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook stops with more than one account  (Read 2200 times)

chrisgoulden

Outlook stops with more than one account
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »
I'm using Outlook 2000.  I had one email account for years that works fine.  But I set up a second email account on a different server recently, and I'm checking both accounts with one Outlook profile (IMO mode).  It tends to work fine for a while, it sends and receives well, but later in the day (presumably when peak time hits) it will inevitably get a server timeout or error connecting server.  I know the error is a result of the server, HOWEVER, my Outlook never reconnects with the server once it gets the error.  The only way to reconnect is to shut down Outlook and reopen it, then I have a bunch of email downloaded that were waiting for me on the server.  One other computer in my office has the same problem, but 8 others do not.
My server settings are correct because they are exactly the same as those who have no problems.  I don't know why it won't reconnect on the next try (it's set to check email every 1 minute).  But I always have to shut down and restart Outlook (not restart Windows).  I've deleted and recreated the account, but still nothing.
I thought maybe multiple Outlook applications were running, but I don't see any in ctrl+alt+del.  ANY ideas would really be appreciated!!!! :-?