Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WMP10: play same file on 2 networked computers  (Read 2555 times)

steve1092

WMP10: play same file on 2 networked computers
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to play the same music file on two networked computers at the same time using Windows Media Player 10.  I have an external hard drive plugged into my laptop which communicates wirelessly through a router to my desktop.  The external hard drive contains all of my music.  I usually play the music through WMP10 on my laptop.  Is it possible to listen to what is playing on my laptop also on my desktop?  I would appreciate anyone's expertise.  Thanks a million

Cheers,

steve1092  

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: WMP10: play same file on 2 networked computers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
I have not personally explored the possibilities of all-singing all-dancing media centres.  No idea if WMP can do this.  I do know however that it is possible with the correct software to broadcast music over your LAN.  So that answers half your question.  You could Google for "streaming music server".
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

steve1092

Re: WMP10: play same file on 2 networked computers
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:26:29 PM »
Thank you for you response.  I will try out your suggestion.  Have a good one.  Cheers