Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash 8 file doesn't seem to publish!  (Read 2477 times)

mpup

Flash 8 file doesn't seem to publish!
« on: May 13, 2006, 05:20:17 AM »
Am the moment I am trying to create a project in Flash 8 Professional. The problem is everytime I publish it, it takes forever. At first it took 4 hours to publish into a swf file, then 9 hours and finally it doesn't want to publish at all.

Im not sure what are the reasons why it happening. The file size is 16.9 mb and i have a lot of picture and graphic images in my flash piece (360 images). I have reduced the size of each and every images so that it is really small and changed the resolution of each image into 72 dpi in Photoshop. And it has reduced the file size down quite a bit.

There is no sound in my piece. There are areas in my piece which slowed down when i played it in flash and then ran normally at 25fps and the areas that ran slow i tried to find what made it slow and got rid of images that made that happen. And now it runs nice and fast in flash. However thinking that it would be all right now, am still having the same problem it wont publish. Even if I put it on a new computer to publish it takes ages.

I mean I got this file to publish at 9.30am and its 12.17pm and still hasn't moved much in bar wise. Only can see 3 bars.

Can anyone help? What is the reason for this to happen? The is my final degree major project and I would really like the advice!

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Flash 8 file doesn't seem to publish!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 09:40:36 AM »
No one is going to wait for a 17MB Flash download.  Take another look at what you're doing with the graphics.  Vector graphics will produce much better files sizes with Flash.  Don't insert dozens of bitmap graphics if you can help it.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

mpup

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
I do have a lot of bitmap files and I turned them into a graphic symbol. However I realised that if I delete the bitmap image, them the graphic symbol that I turned them into contains no image.

Is it the bitmap images that is causing the problem?

I have about 300 something mixed bitmap and graphic symbol images in my library content.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
Unless each of those 300 bitmaps is 10 pixels square, then you can be sure it's the bitmaps that are bloating your project.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos