Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon Printer Problem  (Read 2110 times)

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Canon Printer Problem
    « on: May 14, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »
    I have a problem with my Canon Printer. I went to their web site, and asked their Tech Support for help, but they said the answer could take up to 30 days, and suggested I contact this forum.

I have a Canon Multipass F30 Printer. It will not print colors correctly. I have cleaned the Printhead, both with the installed cleaning option., and with a Q-tip soaked in alcohol; with no effect. I have aligned the printhead, again with no effect.

When I print a nozzle pattern, the position labelled "C" shows a number of vertical lines on the top half of the rectangle printed, and a solid color on the lower half. The other rectangles - "A",  "B, etc. appear to print correctly as solid rectangles.

The problem is not with the printer cartridges. I switched cartridges, and "C" still shows faulty printing.

What is wrong, and how may it be corrected?
    Tom

The other details about the computer setup, OS, RAM, etc. seem to be irrelevant at this point, since the problem manifests itself even when the printer is not connected to a computer

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Canon Printer Problem
    « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:43:02 PM »
    Canon referred you here?  That's very interesting.  Are they overworked?  Lazy?  Cheapskates?  Or what?

Sounds like your print head is terminal.  I'm afraid that writes off the printer, if it's a Canon.  Note that with HPs, you get a new print head with every cartridge - so they're more expensive, but the printer tends to have a longer life.

Anyway, I would say this printer is probably beyond economic repair.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 01:08:19 PM »
       Barefoot_Tom.......  I would agree with Rob's answer , it does sound like the print head is toast .........
      You original post has been moved to this location ...to avoid confusion .....

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
      Just curious.  How old is that printer?  

Barefoot_Tom

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 02:05:35 PM »
        Sounds like your print head is terminal.  I'm afraid that writes off the printer, if it's a Canon.  

I rather suspected that, but hoped for better news.
        Thanks for the quick response, and I'll use the printer as a monument to poor design.
        Tom