Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VIDEO ON NEW COMPUTER DOESN'T WORK  (Read 3322 times)

markww

VIDEO ON NEW COMPUTER DOESN'T WORK
« on: May 14, 2006, 09:44:08 PM »
Have a new HP COMPUTER with all programs in it. Have video camera, took videos and when hooked up to the computer and started the video program everything works but there is no audio or video on the  screen where things should start is totally blank. Works on my other computer fine DO YOU ALL THINK built in video card on mother board is bad?

Can always get another one if I need to  just wanted to throw this up in the air for you computer geeks.
Thanks

Mark

gorge544

Re: VIDEO ON NEW COMPUTER DOESN'T WORK
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 03:50:46 PM »
It could be the videocard, but you should first check the software. Check all the settings in the software. You also said that you tried it on another computer supposly with the same software, some software will disable features if you put it on another PC while having it still on the other one. That is the copyright stuff.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »
If it's under warranty and you didn't do anything unusual to it I would exercise that warranty.  ;)

We don't know any details about the system, so that is the best advice based on what you have chosen to tell.

Maksim

Hopeful
    « Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:40:47 AM »
    Yeah give us the basic specs of the computer.. and then we might be able to help you.. I capture video and audio on my 1.4 GHz computer and no drop frames nothing..
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 12:41:39 AM by Maksim »

royphil345

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 02:03:41 AM »
    Do the specs of the built-in video meet the requirements of the software?

Check the HP web site for a newer video driver for your computer?

Camera detected by computer? Does it show up in the device manager when it's plugged in?
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 06:24:01 AM by royphil345 »