Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2002 Journal issues; filtering and adding  (Read 2399 times)

KenElf

Outlook 2002 Journal issues; filtering and adding
« on: May 15, 2006, 05:02:17 PM »
This is a two part question.  I just learned of the Journal feature in Outlook 2002.  My first question is:

1. Is there a way to have Outlook scan all my past e-mails and insert them into the Journal retroactively?  I know that you can view all e-mails associated with a certain Contact using the Activity tab in the Contact window; so, since Outlook can automatically pull up every email, Journal entry, Notes, and Contact Appointments associated with that contact, can it be taken one step further? Can the Journal somehow import all of those emails that show up in the Activity tab and, using the Time/Date stamp info, add each of them to the Journal retroactively according to that Time/Date information?

My second question is:

2. I have notcied that I have to turn off my e-mail filters in order for Journal to add an entry for that contact.  For example, I have my filters set to move any email from Bob directly to "Bob's Folder."  The Journal doesn't see the email, however, unless I turn that filter off and let the e-mail come into the general Inbox.  Is there a workaround or patch for this?