Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error loading deskotp theme  (Read 2192 times)

tcs

error loading deskotp theme
« on: May 17, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
i have a problem with my desktop theme. everytime i login into my limited account on my windows xp home edition, i receive this kind of message... "error loading users profile". then only the recycle bin is being shown on the desktop. when i try to change my theme, it says... "error loading the desktop theme". what should i do with this. do i have to format my computer? thnx in advance...

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: error loading deskotp theme
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:56 AM »
What do you mean by "limited account"?  It sounds like you might not have sufficient privileges to modify those settings, but the Adminstrator account can grant those privileges.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

akil

Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »
    Normaly limted account users can change their destkop wat their wish.. But sometime this permission prvented by the administrator of the computer.. is that computer urs???
    ***^^^NoThInG ImPoSSibLe To MaNKinD***^^^

tcs

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
    sorry for the lack of some details with regards to my query. but even so with the administrative priviledge with an account which has a previous limited priviledges, i still can't change the desktop themes. (i mean an account which has a limited priviledge then changed to administrative priviledges)