Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows media player 10 won't playback dvd  (Read 3196 times)

bmacgurk

Topic Starter

Beginner

• MARVIN MARTIAN WOULD BE PROUD
    windows media player 10 won't playback dvd
    « on: May 21, 2006, 02:13:43 PM »
    i have windows media player 10 on my comp i am running xp pro sp2 i have wrote about this before in here and downloaded codecs for this and yet i am having a problem with plying a dvd on my comp am i setting it up wrong or is there something missing? i tried going into properties and the compatabilities page and still nothing can't get the compatability page to even do anythingeven tried to go back to media player 9 and it won't let me tried deleting it and re installing ,no go.can anybody help me with this.and could i get an alternitive media player to use instead.
                                                thank you,
                                                                 bmacgurk

GX1_Man

Re: windows media player 10 won't playback dvd
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
    We know very little about your setup, so I am assuming that you actually HAVE a DVD player as opposed to just a CD player. Did you not get DVD software with that? What are the particulars of the machine, operating system, service packs, DVD drive and any othere software you may have loaded to support that. Did it ever play DVD's? If so what happened? ;)

bmacgurk

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 02:45:57 PM »
      i hhave a dell optiplex gx150 running xp pro with sp2 pent 3 lite-on dvd rw sohw-1693s installed it after christmas have been backing up my disks with it.
      if i did i can't remember whether it was sonic or roxio or nero.i haven't been able to playback using media player i have went to support and differant forums to get answers yet noting works.it keeps saying there is an errorand that windows media player is shutting down.loaded codecs from someone here that recomended it. still nothing.
                                               bmacgurk

Blink

Intermediate
      • It just sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.
        « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 06:47:48 PM »
        go to this site, http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm and download the full codec pack (not the basic one) and as well as the codecs you will also get media player classic (make sure you choose to install it when given the option.) I use this for all my dvds and havent yet come across anything this player has had a problem with. Let me know how you go.

bmacgurk

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »
          blink,
                  thanks so much for the help sorry it took a while to get back to you media player classic works like a charm.once again thanks

bmacgurk