Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS outlook - Birthdays one day behind  (Read 2900 times)

gqquintano

MS outlook - Birthdays one day behind
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:33:58 AM »
i had entered in all my contacts into outlook last year with the correct birthdays. but for some reason now all the birthdays are appearing one day behind? is there anyway to fix this without having to go back and redo each individual birthday?

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: MS outlook - Birthdays one day behind
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:48:56 AM »
I suspect this problem was caused by a daylight savings time change.  What timezone are you in?  Do you synchronise with a PDA?  Did you enter the appointments as 12am-12am, or as all day events?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 07:49:26 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

gqquintano

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:50:49 AM »
i do sync with my treo 700w i had entered the birthdays in the contact information. they were not created as appointments.  when you input contact info it asks to enter thier birthdate.

gqquintano

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:53:42 AM »
im livingin new york.... eastern timezone

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »
Oh dear.  I think there are some issues with this phone.  See >this< article.  You may need to badger Palm about this.  :(

I have found the "birthdays" function of Outlook's contacts database less than satisfactory in the past.  I've had a Palm and I now have a WinMobile phone - fully synchronised with two PCs at once.  I always ended up with lots of duplicated birthdays for some reason.  Also, Outlook seems to handle birthdays slightly differently to any other annual recurring event.  Goodness knows why.

Not that helpful to you now, but that "feature" may be best avoided.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos