Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP printer/scanner/copier  (Read 2832 times)

kdw

HP printer/scanner/copier
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
I have an hp psc 750xi.  It will print, but I can't scan or copy.  I get an error message "Scanner failure.  Turn power off and on again."  I have done this many times, been to the HP site, the printer is now plugged directly into the wall, the bulb is lighting up, but not staying on.  Help!

GX1_Man

Re: HP printer/scanner/copier
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 05:52:29 PM »
Is it still under warranty? How old is it?

You could try uninstalling the software, rebooting without the printer plugged in and reinstalling the software. Then restart with the printer plugged in to finalize the installation. That is the HP way.

kdw

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
Thanks for answering!  I bought it at a garage sale - I know, you get what you pay for - and of course they assured me it worked fine, they were upgrading!  I have tried what you suggested, as HP recommended.  I never did find an explanation for my error message though.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:41:29 PM »
I hope you didn't pay too much.  ;)

kdw

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »
No, at $15, it's still a good deal just for the printer and 3 cartridges!  But I'd really like to find out why the scanner won't work!

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:00:58 PM »
Ah, that is, no doubt, the mystery that landed it in the garage sale.  :o :o :o

kdw

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
Rats!  I was afraid you would say that!  Ah well, thanks for your interest.

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »
No problem. I agree that an HP printer and 3 cartridges is a bargain for $15, though.  ;D