Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD-ROM not working  (Read 1810 times)

shiwawa

CD-ROM not working
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:17:02 PM »
hi to all, shiwa here..my cd-rom has just stop reading cd's..i checked the device manager but it says that the device is working properly but whenever i inserted cd's, it just won't read em'....as we all know in windows xp, it will automatically detect when you insert a cd, but now, its no longer working..

my cd-rom is  1 year old now and i know that i haven't used it heavily or burn a lot of cd's from it...i just wonder why it just stopped working or reading cd's....

what could be the problem? is it possible the wiring connections inside? what should i do to remedy this problem.. please, i really need advice..thanks guys...

GX1_Man

Re: CD-ROM not working
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 04:31:16 AM »
If no one has been inside the machine where something could be knocked loose then either the optics are gone or the lens is dirty. You could try a cleaner (sold at many stores) for it, or just get a new drive. They're very inexpensive.

As another experiment, go to Sontrol Panel/System and delete the CDROM drive from the list and reboot. This probably won't fix it, but it is a free try.  ;)