Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photoshop 6.0 Strange CMYK bars appearing on pix  (Read 2934 times)

ultraswayed

Photoshop 6.0 Strange CMYK bars appearing on pix
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:08:53 AM »
Hi, I am at my wits end. And I hope someone can help.

Im using a PC w/ 512 mb-160GB HD
Im using PS 6.0

Ive been using PS for years, and have never run into this:
I open a picture, doesnt matter what ext, and the pict is fine. As soon as I adjust it in any way, randomly placed bars appear. The bars occur in no specific order, or palcement, and are always the CMYK color (Sold bars, not mixed.)

As you can see on the sample, those bars are objects. they can be selected and deleted. but new bars will appear. i am completely hamstringed. I tried everything I knew, and then resorted to re-installing the program. It did nothing.
I went to the Adobe site, but not knowing what this problem is called, searching was in vain. Any takers.
Thanks in advance.
-US

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Photoshop 6.0 Strange CMYK bars appearing on p
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:21:45 AM »
Any idea what changed before this started happening?  Did you install any "helpful" anti-spyware programs, or anything like that?  Is your virus software from a reputable company, and up to date?  Ditto anti-spyware?

If the answers to all of the above are satisfactory, try this: uninstall ALL Adobe software from your PC, including Acrobat Reader.  If you are asked whether you want to remove any shared files, say yes to all.  Having done that, reboot your PC.

Find the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files, and delete the Adobe folder you'll find there.  Also delete from C:\Program Files any Adobe folders that are there.

In fact, switch on viewing hidden files and folders, then do a search for anything called "Adobe".  Delete the lot.  (You can send it to the Recycle Bin, if you're nervous about completely deleting it.)

The aim of all of this is to ensure that any DLLs etc. that may have been corrupted are completely removed from your computer.  It might be such a lingering file that mean a simple resintall doesn't solve your problem.

Then reinstall Photoshop.  Hopefully all will now be well.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

ultraswayed

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:44:50 AM »
ok, as soon as i find my glasses, i will try this. and post back tomorrow with the results. much appreciated rob

ultraswayed

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:57:41 PM »
\

Hopefully all will now be well.
Thank you rob - I rethought about the last few installs I prefprmed, and remembered a few FLV & DD free programs I installed. (dont judge me ::)
So - I removed all of that, the Ps 7 Acrobat folders + the Common Files. I reinstalled PS, and so far so good. If the problem continues, I will remove the newer programs I installed. Thanks for your quick and astute advice.
_US

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 01:26:08 AM »
Glad it's sorted for you.  Feel free to return with any other problems.  :)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos