Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound plays in only one speaker?  (Read 3780 times)

totalconfuzion

sound plays in only one speaker?
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
whenever i play music in WMP (i use 11 now, but ive always had the problem even w/ other versions) it only plays in the right speaker, and theres no sound from the left one. both speakers work whenever i play music in iTunes or Winamp and when i play any game w/ sound. so im pretty sure its a problem with my WMP settings. i used to have really bad speakers where there was only sound in the right speaker. i think that i might have changed something a while back to send all sound to the right speaker. im not sure if i changed a system setting or a WMP setting to do this, but since sound works fine outside of WMP, i think its a WMP setting. ive looked all throught the options of WMP and cant find a solution to my problem. any help is greatly appreciated

ps: just in case its a sytem problem i posted in htis forum

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: sound plays in only one speaker?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »
Well, if this right/left speaker settings can be controlled for WMP separately from Windows global settings, you'd probably find it under Tools, Options, Devices, Speakers, Advanced.  I don't know whether settings there apply only to WMP or not.  If so, then you should find the answer to your question there.

totalconfuzion

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 04:34:10 PM »
i couldnt find anything that would let me change anything about left/right speakers

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »

What version of WMP?  What OS?  In my Win XP Pro computer with WMP 10, under Tools, Options, Devices, Speakers, Properties, Advanced, Volume, Speaker Volume, I see slider bars for the left and right speakers.