Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having two xp home systems on same HD  (Read 8144 times)

ricky1me

Having two xp home systems on same HD
« on: August 29, 2004, 05:00:29 PM »
Hi, Thank you for your support with this.

I want to have two, yes that's two, xp home partitions on the same HD and I want to choose between the two to boot from.

I know that you will be able to see each other and that the files are not private and that is ok.

I want my son to have his own system that he can hack with and load up with who knows what and customize the way he likes it AND

For me to have my own system that is customized exactly the way I like it and to keep it intact with only the software applications I want on it.

I read a message once I think from Microsoft about two xp home's being on the same drive, one in English the other in Chinese...

Thank you

Computer_Commando

Re: Having two xp home systems on same HD
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 05:36:58 PM »
Asked and answered, here:  http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1092950060

Mac

Re: Having two xp home systems on same HD
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 12:18:10 PM »
You can also have two keyboards, two mice, and two monitors running from the one machine with XP on it, so that two people can use it at the same time.

Medion computers do this and there is one on display locally near to me.

I personally think that it is better to have two machines so that one can be used to repair the other.

Three flat panel monitors are handy too, as you can have an in-box/write screen and out-box/read-screen plus an application screen.