Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Converting Media Player  (Read 2830 times)

parker999

Converting Media Player
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:45:15 AM »
Does anyone know how i convert from my default windows media player to Quicktime media player. Windows media player never seems to work properly anymore and the screen just turns yellow when i try to play something.
Tips on where to go on the computer to change the default settings for which type of media player i want would be greatly appreciated.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Converting Media Player
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »
Google is your friend: Default Media Player

homer

Expert
    « Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »
    found this at another forum, i just edited it to fit this situation. i take no credit.

Go to your control panel/folder options. Click on file types and scroll down to (whatever the file extension is). Click on it once and click on the change button. Locate Quicktime in the list, if its not there click browse and navigate to Quicktime. Click apply/ok and it should remember the program.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:13:40 PM by homer »

Maksim

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
      try this.. It is in XP.. Open Quicktime.. and go to "Edit"> Preferences> File Assosiations or something like that it might also say something else.. im trying to remeber it.. and select all of them that you want Quick time to play them..

And try this also.. Go to the file that you dont want Windows Media Player to play but Quick Time Right Click on it and select Proporties then find a buttom called "Change Application" and then find quick time and then right below the windows there is a check box it says " Always play this file with this defaults application" or something simmilar to that.. and check that and then hit OK and then APPLY and then OK.. and that is it.. now double click on and it should open with Quicktime insted of Windows Media Player...