Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Basic Security Question  (Read 1857 times)

helprequest

Basic Security Question
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »
hey folks  please give aid - thank you

i'm definately a newbie - so replies will have 2 b childlike!  sum1 has gained access 2 my computer & used it for a few hours.  They were physically @ the pc, not a cyber raid.  my q? i need an expert 2 let me know where i should look an my pc in order 2 find what folders in documents were accessed in that time period.  I am not concerned with websites searched etc?

I do not know if ne1 can help with this request so be gentle - cheers. i really will appreciate ne help given - i know u folks have better, more important topics but it would be good if some one with pc knowlegde laid out instructions on what 2 do - i would buy you a drink, but cyber beer is off this time of year! Many thanks for your time spent reading and helping with is.

GX1_Man

Re: Basic Security Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:45:19 AM »
You could look in the Start/Documents area to see the 10 or so most recently viewed files. Beyond that, not much to see what was viewed. If anything were changed you could look at the time stamps in explorer (View/Details).

This would be a good time for a password installation. What version of Windows?