Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc wont boot, monitor has 'no signal' displayed  (Read 2538 times)

andy0210

pc wont boot, monitor has 'no signal' displayed
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:52:45 AM »
hi,
i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. whenever i turn my pc on all i get is a 'no signal' message displayed on the monitor but the monitor works on another machine fine.i also have no beeps at POST. i have tried 2 different graphics cards and onboard, got a new motherboard (ASUS P4S800-MX SE)cause the repair shop said that the old one was the problem, tried another cpu, tried different RAM, tried different power supply (though p/s was from mini atx not atx). i think i just about tested everything. can someone please help

/Andy

joe_tucker

Re: pc wont boot, monitor has 'no signal' displaye
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:10:59 AM »
have you tried putting another monitor on your computer?

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:57:40 PM »
How old is it and what make/model/type? LCD ? Did you try to reseat the graphics card? What kind is it? What happened prior to this? Did it use to work?

andy0210

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:01:07 AM »
thanks for getting back to me. my computer is just under 3yrs old and is a pentium 4 2.8GHz. the monitor is a mitsubishi diamond view, not LCD. my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9550 256MB but i also tried a Radeon 9200 128MB card. the computer was originally working till a few weeks ago when i wanted to put all my stuff onto another computer so i could format. i was setting up the other machine so i could transfer the stuff and was switching the monitor between machines. i got confused and forgot that mine was the one plugged in to all the cables (ie mouse, keyboard, power, etc) and went to move it out of the way but instead pulled the cords at the back. everything seemed to be fine until i turned it off and went to turn it on in the morning and thats when the problem happened.

/Andy