Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Autorun isnt autorunning  (Read 2644 times)

Dead_reckon

Autorun isnt autorunning
« on: June 27, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
im really confused on this one, my autorun isnt autorunning, no matter what disk i insert, it wont autorun, i think its been disabled, but i have no clue how to re-enable it... this is really annoying, some things wont install unless the autorun launches. if anyone knows how to re-enable it, tell me

thanks in advance

RapedApe

Re: Autorun isnt autorunning
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »
Anything can be installed without autorunning. Just go to my computer and open up the disk and find the setup file there. Anyways, for you're question, pretty sure you can just right click on the drive in question then go to properties and click on the autoplay tab. There should be some settings there that you can adjust to your liking.

Also a simple google search brought this up:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-018

It's to turn it off but you can just as easily go the other way with most of them. Remember, google is your friend.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:14 AM »
thanks... ive tryed googling it, but i couldnt find anything... google doesnt like me or somthing, lol

yerryd

Rookie
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 08:24:19 PM »
    You might try this Google Reference:
    http://features.engadget.com/2004/06/29/how-to-tuesday-disable-autorun-on-windows/

Again, the article deals with turning off the Autorun feature, but if you follow the instructions
    you will see that you could just as well turn Autorun on.

Jerry

Dead_reckon

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 12:17:41 PM »
    well, it already was a "1" which means it already is enabled, but not running... should i try uninstalling the drivers for my Lite on DVD burner, then reboot and let windows re install it? i have done this with hardware before, but never with actuall drives, so i dont want to try it until i know it wont mess anything up...

Dead_reckon

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 09:29:28 AM »
    well since no one seems to be answering, ill just try it later