Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deep in trouble plz help ( about harddisk)  (Read 2071 times)

da_killer

deep in trouble plz help ( about harddisk)
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »
:::::::::::::::::::Background:::::::::::::::

i had windows 2000 on my hard disk and i wanted only XP, i had two partitions on my harddisk, one had Win 2000 and other 1 was to small to put Win XP so i installed Win XP on the same partition even tho i knew i will have problems in future but things got even worse when XP was not booting up.

::::::::::::::::::: Problem :::::::::::::::::::

now let me come back to the main topic( harddisk) to remove everything from the Harddisk, i filled harddisk sectors with 0 ( so stupid  :'( ), this was taing to much time so i stop the process of filling 0 half way, and something unexpected happened, computer was not able to pick up my hard disk, this was 20 days ago up till now i m searching for the answer and my last hope is this site computerHOPE.com

hhope ppl here will be able to understand y problem and wil help me solve it.

i have bought a new disk but i wanna know waht is wrong with my hard disk and how to solve it.

thanks in advance

GX1_Man

Re: deep in trouble plz help ( about harddisk)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 02:21:08 PM »
Reboot witht he XP CD in there and delete ALL partitions, then format with the appropriate file system (FAT32 or NTFS). All should be well. I hope you had previously backup up your data because I am sure it is toast!  ;)

Hit-man

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:44:25 AM »
ntfs is better than fat32

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
If you stick around here long enough you'll see plenty of problems with drives suddenly not being recognized, data lost and etc. Every time I ask it was NTFS being used. I'm not saying it caused it, but I am not impressed.  ;)

My experience is that with 256 RAM it is slower as well. We don't know what the original poster is working with.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 01:29:59 PM by GX1_Man »