Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: an error message tell me there no hard drive altho  (Read 2539 times)

ahmdatef2

an error message tell me there no hard drive altho
« on: June 03, 2006, 12:32:23 AM »
I have a hard disk maxtor 20 giga . and it have formated when I try setup windows an error message tell me there no hard drive although I can see the hard in BIOS

homer

Expert
    Re: an error message tell me there no hard drive a
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 01:51:49 AM »
    please use correct grammar and english. what i pulled out of that was, u have a 20gb hd and when u try to format it, windows tells u that there is no hd. is this what u meant to say?

ahmdatef2

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 03:56:35 AM »
    please use correct grammar and english. what i pulled out of that was, u have a 20gb hd and when u try to format it, windows tells u that there is no hd. is this what u meant to say?
    yes this is I meant to say

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 06:12:07 AM »
    Download and run the free diagnostics from Maxtor's web site for starts.

Did you partition the drive and format it? What operating system? Is this a replacement drive or an existing drive that you are trying to reinstall from? Was there any monkeying about in the case? What was the problem requiring a reinstall?

homer

Expert
      « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 01:16:39 PM »
      on top of gx1_man's questions, what type of hd do u have? SATA or IDE? also, does ur motherboard have multiple IDE slots? and if possible could u tell us the make/model of the motherboard.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 01:20:12 PM »
      20  gig would not be SATA.  ;)

homer

Expert
        « Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:37:29 PM »
        ...my bad  :-[