Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reset Button Evil????  (Read 1888 times)

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
    Reset Button Evil????
    « on: June 04, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »
    while i was playing a game, the game crashed. and that, in turn, crashed my comp.(totally froze it)
    so i simply pushed the reset button. it booted normally, that is until where windows was supposed to load. instead it said "please set boot sequence properly (or sumthing like that) and insert proper boot media. press any key." and it would just keep saying that after u hit any key.

i fixed the problem by actually powering down and powering back up again. (not reseting) but i would like to know why this happened. does any one know or has anyone come across this before?

O.S. - windows XP pro. sp2

GX1_Man

Re: Reset Button Evil????
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 03:44:54 PM »
    Just another Windows undocumented feature? I'm glad it is not doing it anymore, though.

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
      Re: Reset Button Evil????
      « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:52:22 PM »
      yeah it freaked me out. i just assumed it was going to do the scandisk thing when i didnt properly shut it down. unless xp doesnt do that, (im used to the win98 scandisk)

p.s. i had no disks in any of my drives, but everytime i pushed enter (when it did the whole insert boot media thing), it checked my floppy drive.(the light came on and it starterd spinning).  :-?

o well it works now.